Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts on Sage

Very slightly more than one year ago (Spring 2007) I embarked on my graduate journey at SGS. It all started on a Tuesday night when I walked into a small conference style room and sat down with 10 other individuals whom all seemed very close to one another. Now I know that that was because many have been through the entirety of their programs with one another and in doing that, relationships are fostered, friendships are made, and you find yourself ranting and raving about bieing locked out of BlackBoard or hating transferring data from one file onto the LiveText program!

With just a week left in the Fall 2007 semester, I find myself entering what will be my final full academic semester. That is of course if I don't decide to further this thing callem my education even further...which by no means has been counted out yet. My parents still chuckle every so often and say, "Maybe soon Mark, soon you will be 40 and you will be entering your career. You have never shyed away from doing things YOUR way!"...

To say the least, I have enjoyed attending classes at Sage. There was a time in my undergrad work where I actually dreaded going to class. My experiences at SGS, for the most part have been very different. I really do look forward to attending classes. Probably because it allows for a break from sitting behind the computer completing endless papers, online tests, lame discussion board posts and all else that gives me sores on my backside!

Sometimes it is so difficult to hang on to a thought while I am at work...! There was a 45 minute time span that elapsed in between writing PP's one and two of this blog...! anyways, SGS experiences, friends, and nearing the end of my program! It has been a wondeful experience thus far and I am looking forward to new academic challenges this Spring Semester...all with the comfort and support of some "new" but close friends here at Sage.

p.s. (Obviously feeling sentimental and cheesy this evening at work. Maybe it's the weather!)

No comments: